Friday, July 19, 2013

The Cactus and the Tree

The cactus is famous for having a shallow root system. The tree, on the other hand, is known for setting down deep roots. There are valid reasons for both of these adaptations, and far too many views on which is better (or not) to get into at this point. And in case you have no clue what I'm talking about, this handy-dandy teaching illustration may be useful...

Now that my DH and I have bought our first home, I have discovered that he is a cactus, and I am a tree.

A really huge freaking tree.

I set down roots like you wouldn't believe. I knew when we moved that it would be a process - as DH called it - because we had a few things to build and add to the house before we could fully unpack. Two days in, I was frothing at the mouth and pacing like a wild tiger because I couldn't unpack and make our house a home. Then, to make things even more fun, I pulled my back two days ago and haven't been able to do a darn thing since, except sit like a bum and try not to reinjure myself. *sigh* The only good thing to come out of it is that I've been catching up on my TBR list.

So, as I sit here surrounded by my animals, I am proud to state that before I hurt myself (putting down an empty box no less), the entertainment center, bathroom, and kitchen are all pretty much done. That leaves the bedroom (more stuff to build there) and the living room, which means my darling books can't get unpacked for a while.

Still, we're not doing too bad for muddling through all of this.

The downside of the move is that I haven't had a stitch of time to work on Blood Moon (Red Moon's sequel), or any of the promotional work I had planned to do before my August 1st release. It's time to get cracking it seems...

No comments:

Post a Comment