Monday, March 11, 2013

Joining the ranks

To be honest, I'm not a person who likes to spend money on herself. I find things I like, argue with myself in the store, and come up with some guilt-inducing reason why I shouldn't get the thing I wanted to get. Even for things like M&Ms or new writing pens.

Seriously.

So it was due to the urging of my DH that I decided I needed to take my writing career more seriously. After months of badgering, he finally got me to send in my membership application for Romance Writers of America. And this morning I got my email confirmation.

That's right, I am now an RWA member. 



I even got to go check out the member forums there! Now, for many people who use the brilliant technology of the Internet on a regular basis, this may not seem like a big deal. But for me, this is a huge step forward in my progress toward becoming a tech savvy individual. 

The information I know I'll learn from other RWA members is already overwhelming; the threads that are up have already made my membership worth it, and the courses that are being offered look incredible. 

It's another step forward on my journey to become a professional romance author!

No comments:

Post a Comment