Sunday, March 31, 2013

My Internal Clock

I'm pretty sure it's broken.

My DH has claimed that for a while, but it's hard to argue after last night's escapades. I've known for a while that I pick up more steam as night wears on. In college, my peak hours were between midnight and two in the morning. And after last night, I can confirm that my internal clock has shifted yet again.

Yes, there's nothing like starting to write at midnight, look at the clock and realize it's four in the morning. The worst part is realizing you can't keep typing because, while you're brain is still going, your body is shutting down and telling you that you need some sleep.

Regardless, the start of a whole new story had taken shape. A Victorian steampunk meets dystopian military with a dash of romance added in for fun. Think...Gears of War meets petticoats. Yeah, that sounds about right.

So...over 3,000 words and counting. Let's see where it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment