Monday, June 17, 2013

More perfect

DH and I returned safely from our Ashland trip, which was incredibly fun. The plays at OSF were beyond amazing, we ate at the delicious Greenleaf Restaurant, and we walked everywhere. It was everything I'd hoped it would be.

And more.

Because during the intermission of our last play, I checked my email and saw that I had received my cover art. I wish I had enough words to gush over it, but to be honest, even a few days later, I don't. I'd known Escape would do Red Moon justice, and they did beyond my wildest dreams. It's rare for me to not know what to say, to have the words stolen from me by the sight I saw (and that you will see this Friday...), so I went to one of my favorite books, Norman MacLean's A River Runs Through It, and found the section that expresses my current emotion far better than I ever could:

When I was young, a teacher had forbidden me to say "more perfect" because she said if a thing is perfect it can't be more so. But by now I had seen enough of life to have regained my confidence in it...However I may have violated grammar, I was feeling more perfect...

No comments:

Post a Comment