Sunday, August 25, 2013

Flynn's Alaska

Red Moon, my debut release with Escape Publishing, takes place in Alaska. I moved here in 2011 and have fallen in love with the rugged beauty of the state; it's hard to imagine living anywhere else. Now, Alaska's pretty popular right now with tons of authors and reality TV shows, but while I was writing Red Moon I knew I wanted to be as accurate as possible when describing the area, local life, and the rich culture that exists here.

I've been taking tons of pictures of the Kenai Peninsula - my home and the setting of the book - so I could help you dear readers get a mental picture of the woods Flynn loves so much. These are just a handful of them...

A bald eagle overlooking the ocean at Seward, Alaska



Kenai National Wildlife Refuge


The transition to fall is breathtaking

Fireweed at Chugach State Park

Fireweed

Chugach State Park

Chugach State Park



Juvenile bald eagle - Seward, Alaska


Views of the Kenai River during fall

Swans on the Kenai River during winter



Views of Skilak Lake, Alaska

Storm rolling into Seward, Alaska


Views from the Russian River, Alaska

1 comment: